Hemai Tai Recipe// 1 min read
An accidental invention owing to a lack of bottled grapefruit juice, this lovechild of the Hemingway Daiquiri and the Mai Tai is a most excellent drink. I have long been a fan of a dash of orgeat syrup in my Hemingways, but this particular combination of extra lime, reduced grapefruit, and the mixture of light and dark rums elevates it to a whole new level.
- 1 shot Freshly squeezed lime juice
- 0.6 shot Freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 0.3 shot Monin Orgeat syrup
- 0.3 shot Monin Gomme syrup
- 0.4 shot Luxardo Maraschino
- 1.5 shot Bacardi white rum
- 0.5 shot Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva dark rum
Put all the ingredients into a shaker full of fresh ice and shake until it's too cold to hold. For personal enjoyment, fine strain into a chilled old-fashioned glass and enjoy (it's enough faff as it is). For guests, fine strain into a chilled coupe and garnish by dropping a single glacé cherry into it.